A microfiche is a single sheet of plastic that contains several images of pages of text ,whereas microfilm is long spool of plastic
that wind and rewinds to view images of text.In both instances these microforms requires a projection system
whereby images of microfiche and microfilm appear on a backlit screen to be viewed.
- Useful for newspapers,manuscripts,Live documents,Live content etc.
- Compact: Store million of records within a storage cabinet
- Cheaper to distribute than a paper copy.
- Life expectancy of 500 years and more
- Impossible to mutable
- Prints from Microfilm are accepted in legal proceedings.